Thursday, March 26

Mr. Peabody & Sherman

 
 
 
No doubt it's a cartoon. But I didn't expected it to be so meaningful and interesting to me. This movie is out of my expectation.
 
 
 
I love it. It shows pure love and deep connection between human and dog.
 
 
I thought this movie was about partnership and adventures. Turns out it's an adoption connection and yes tons of thrilling adventures.
 
 
 
 
If a human can adopt a dog, why can't a dog adopt a human?
Everything in this world is equal. God is fair to us all. Just because it's an animal doesn't mean you can judge them as low class or whatever. In fact, they have a soul too. God created us, and them at the same time.
A dog sure will be a man's best friend but sometimes, they can be our teacher, tutor, partner, guidance to learn something we never knew. Something we'll never learn in textbooks or among society. They have a pure, loving, caring and kind heart. Humans are just too eager to learn from them.
 
 
A little summary for the movie:
So there was this amazing brilliant, smart dog who can't be adopted simply because nobody likes him. Yes, he is smart and sarcastic too. Well who doesn't being sarcastic to someone more stupid than them? Duh. He went to Harvard, got noble prize and created the WABACK, a time machine.
Then one day he heard baby's crying and saw Sherman was abandoned in a box. So he adopted Sherman and yeah the most heart warming part is
 
SHERMAN: Da-da!
MR. PEABODY: No, Sherman, not Dada, you shall call me Mr, Peabody, or, in less formal
                             moments, simply Peabody.
SHERMAN: Mepa Pebaba?
MR. PEABODY: That's right, Mr. Pebaba.
 
 
 
Ain't that cute?
So finally Sherman was 7 and had to go to the school. He got bullied by a girl, Penny who calls him a dog and he bit her. Grunion, wanted to take all the rights from Mr. Peabody of the adoption. Which means they have to be separated. Mr. Peabody invited Penny and her parents to house for a dinner to set things right. Penny was fighting with Sherman about all the history things. And he showed her the time machine. That's when she was missing in Egypt and both of them gotta find her to get her back.
 
 
 
George Washington: We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men and some dogs are created 
                                   equal. I hereby award Mr. Peabody a Presidential pardon.
 
 
 
 
 

 
                                                         That's George Washington.
 
 
SHERMAN: The only mistake Peabody ever made.... was me.
 
SHERMAN: If being a dog means you're like Mr. Peabody who never turns his back on you, and
                      who's always there to pick you up when you fall, and loves you no matter how many
                      times you mess up; if that's what it means to be a dog, then yeah! I'm a dog too.
 
 
This line made everybody agreed and protest and admit that they're a dog. Including Penny.
This part got tears in my eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
In one of the scenes, Sherman got naughty and went for war. After he and Penny are saved from falling in the Torjan Horse by Peabody,
 
SHERMAN: Mr. Peabody?
                     Mr. Peabody?
                     Mr. Peabody?!
                    DAD!!!!!
 
That's the part where shows how much Peabody means to Sherman. He is his dad. It's more than an adoption relationship. It's father and son relationship. Sherman always love him like a father. This scene had proved it. It's very heartbreaking. And in Sherman's eyes, I saw regret, pain and love for a father. When he yelled "dad" that's very meaningful.
 
 
The scene when Sherman was taken away from Grunion, Peabody broke his rational and bite Grunion. Everybody was stunned because Peabody wouldn't do that. But I know that he doesn't wanna separate with his boy, desperately. I saw a dad's love towards his son who doesn't wanna apart from him. And most importantly, I saw loyalty, a friend, a pal, a buddy, a real dog. He revealed his beasty dog side for Sherman. Instead of behaving like a human, he became a dog. It's like someone is harming his master and he gotta stop it from happening.
 
 
Penny changed after all these incidents. If it wasn't for her, all these wouldn't happen. And if Sherman listened to his "dad", all these wouldn't be so messed up too.
 
But then, if all these things didn't happened, he and Penny will not be together. That's what I call fate.
 
 
 
 
 
                                   This is Mr. Peabody. The smartest kind among the universe.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is Sherman. A stupid, yet naïve and have a pure kind heart.
Maybe because he was rasied by a dog.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is Penny, the bully. I gotta admit she is pretty.
 
 
 
 
Another Happy Ending. For a seven years old kids? Whoa.
Ain't them a little too young to date? Haha
 
 
AWESOME MOVIE!
 
 
Congratulations to the director of Lion King, my another favourite movie, ROB MINKOFF!
 
 
 
Sherman first day of school.
 

SHERMAN: I love you Mr. Peabody!
MR. PEABODY: I have a deep regard for you as well, Sherman.
 
 
Later on..
 
 
MR. PEABODY: I... I love you, Sherman.
SHERMAN: I have a deep regard for you as well, Mr. Peabody.
 
 
 
 
So parents should understand of not being overprotective, like Peabody. He protects Sherman too much and doesn't allow him to touch dangerous things and told him many things when he is going to school. But in some way Sherman can do it, it's just that Peabody is too mad to look at it. And finally in the end he trusted that Sherman has grown up.
 
 
MR. PEABODY: No doubt about it, every dog should have a boy!
 
 
 
                                          
And by the way, the way Sherman call his dad "Mr. Peabody" with all the high pitch and long name, it sounds cute, annoying and funny. Like the name keep resounding in my head like a song lol. Like, MR PEABODY! MR PEABODY! MR PEABODY!
Ain't that annoying haha.  
 
 
 
 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment