So I went to class last week (I spent like five minutes thinking what was my subject name but oh well) and she taught about Values & Ethical. Now I'm not going to write about some boring knowledge I learnt today of course but it's something I've thought about after the class. (Because Wilson Ong is late to fetch me)
Values and Ethical is more about racism and cultural values? So yeah she shared about her experiences about cultural problems she met in life and also some positive story. She also asked the class to share about their story which is a total nightmare to the class because half of us do not know what to share. She didn't ask me to share but I decided to share it here.
So it's just a brief story about my life, not like any other particular story shared.
I remembered when I was four, I went to an English school. Guess what, my first best friend is a Malay. (I guess, I just remember she's dark skinned) I think her name is Sarah, if I'm not mistaken. Then my parents made me go to a chinese school when I was five. Ever since then I seldom contact with any other races rather than my own skin colour. You know as we grow up we'll "absorb" knowledge from different people we meet. Negative or positive, it doesn't matter, we're all just kids, we just absorb and apply in life. So yeah, it was a chinese school during my primary and you know, kids like to call others names and stuffs. I forgot if it's standard 3 or what, we had the only Malay girl in our class. She is obviously not the favourite of our class teacher. She's lazy, she doesn't clean up her homeworks and stuffs. You know kids, when someone in class which is different and the least favourite of the class especially, they eventually get called names and being criticized. I know you all would say, "kids being kids" this kind of thing. But once something is implanted in someone since a young age, it's not easy to get rid of it. Okay the point is, I was influenced by classmates and family members, I think dark skinned people are lazy. So it's a mindset set in myself for years until one day while I'm in my mom's car, my mom forgot to close her car boot (I'm not sure how to spell the thing). A malay old man, riding his motor came across and knocked on my mom car's window and told her that she forgot to close the car boot and helped us to close it. It was like a glimpse of awaken where I realised that not all Malays are bad.
Now here's a lesson I've learnt. Don't be a bad influence. Like the malay girl in my class. If it isn't because of her, people won't have the kind of mindset that "malays are lazy" this kinda stuffs, And because of that one single action from the malay uncle made me felt that malys aren't as bad as they ought to be. Ever since then I'm never racist anymore. During standard six, there's a Malay girl in my class, again. She is not my class favourite and constantly being criticized by classmates. Well, I didn't care what they say, I just made friends with her.
You know you don't have to listen to what others say about you, you don't have to follow what others do. I know doing what everybody is doing might be the coolest thing to do but it doesn't have to be this way. You are amazing just the way you are. Why listen to others' lies and bullshit about you? Why follow when it's not the right thing to do? People are so lost nowadays that they can't even be themselves. Yeah everybody dislike her, so what, I'm done with following friends, I'm gonna do what I think is right.
And you know what, when I was in standard five, I had a crush on a Malay Chinese mixed boy. People teased me say that I'm satu malaysia and stuffs. So what? Just let them be. I'm clearly not a racist person and until now I still hang around with that boy he's my friend. I didn't even think of the fact that he's a Malay boy and stuffs. I just know that he's my friend and he's nice I like him that's all. People don't have to think so much ya' know just have a pure heart because it's where kindness came from. Until I went to NS, my closest friends are all Malays and even until now I'm still friends with the Malays and Indians from my class.
This world isn't that complicated if people would just stop being a bad influence to others like teaching their friends or their kids to be racist? My teacher told me that it's okay to be racist we're all humans it's normal to think like that but not me, I'm not racist. If people would just love a little more and judge a little lesser, this world is a peaceful world man. Nobody is born racist. If you can't find a kind person, be one. Ya'know just be a kind person. I don't get it, people who are pretty and famous gets so many likes on social media, people say that they're great, awesome and stuffs, don't people ever see what their heart is made of? I'm not here to criticize or shoot anyone but think again and be kind.

Now here's a lesson I've learnt. Don't be a bad influence. Like the malay girl in my class. If it isn't because of her, people won't have the kind of mindset that "malays are lazy" this kinda stuffs, And because of that one single action from the malay uncle made me felt that malys aren't as bad as they ought to be. Ever since then I'm never racist anymore. During standard six, there's a Malay girl in my class, again. She is not my class favourite and constantly being criticized by classmates. Well, I didn't care what they say, I just made friends with her.
You know you don't have to listen to what others say about you, you don't have to follow what others do. I know doing what everybody is doing might be the coolest thing to do but it doesn't have to be this way. You are amazing just the way you are. Why listen to others' lies and bullshit about you? Why follow when it's not the right thing to do? People are so lost nowadays that they can't even be themselves. Yeah everybody dislike her, so what, I'm done with following friends, I'm gonna do what I think is right.
And you know what, when I was in standard five, I had a crush on a Malay Chinese mixed boy. People teased me say that I'm satu malaysia and stuffs. So what? Just let them be. I'm clearly not a racist person and until now I still hang around with that boy he's my friend. I didn't even think of the fact that he's a Malay boy and stuffs. I just know that he's my friend and he's nice I like him that's all. People don't have to think so much ya' know just have a pure heart because it's where kindness came from. Until I went to NS, my closest friends are all Malays and even until now I'm still friends with the Malays and Indians from my class.
This world isn't that complicated if people would just stop being a bad influence to others like teaching their friends or their kids to be racist? My teacher told me that it's okay to be racist we're all humans it's normal to think like that but not me, I'm not racist. If people would just love a little more and judge a little lesser, this world is a peaceful world man. Nobody is born racist. If you can't find a kind person, be one. Ya'know just be a kind person. I don't get it, people who are pretty and famous gets so many likes on social media, people say that they're great, awesome and stuffs, don't people ever see what their heart is made of? I'm not here to criticize or shoot anyone but think again and be kind.

No comments:
Post a Comment