In case you didn't know, I'm having part time jobs now to earn more pocket money so that I can shop harder right? Life is tough.
I know my dad gives me RM1000 per month but then yet I have too many fees to pay so it's not really enough for me especially when I love to eat amazing food 'cause I'm fucking picky on food. Most importantly, I love to shop. A LOT.
The first job that I had is selling mash potato at the night market.
History of The Mash Project
So when I was together with Wilson Ong, he actually started an idea of selling mash potato along with his two other friends Alex and Kah Yee (Hope I didn't spell wrong). So together they start a small business sponsored by Alex's boss which is the owner of Ric's burger. I was there to help. Yeah I look like I'm working but the truth is I'm working for no money. Pity me, suffer every night for nothing. Actually I was there to help Wilson. That's what I always tell him :" I'm working for no money, so tiring you know?!" Luckily, I came out with an idea of selling water.
At first the water business wasn't really that good due to lack of good sign boards, price tags and a nice place to be in. After that we moved the water and combined together with mash potato truck. The business eventually improved but still not much. Now, we add the water price into the mash potato price and we claimed that the drinks are "free" when you purchase any mash potato. After the work, we take our money from the mash potato. Sometimes things may seem to be free but actually it's part of the tactic of doing business. So now our sales is as high as mash potato sales.
Here's the main thing I wanna share about my experience during work in pasar malam. Kah Yee is the one who cook, Alex prepare all the sets, Wilson advertise and I take orders and responsible for the money. Also, I help Wilson to advertise too. We both agreed that most English educated youngsters are interested to try new stuffs and yeah we believed that they're more likely to achieve goals in life because they are risk takers. Mash potato with bacons and meatballs are new stuffs for most of the people. When English educated people saw this they'll be like, "oh wow new thing! Why not a try? Looks nice though." Especially when we enforced part of the money is for charity, yeap even more of them purchased the mash potato.
Old people don't really enjoy new stuffs because first thing it's oily and western so yeah you know not all old people know how to enjoy new food. They don't wanna risk the waste of money to eat something they think it's not good or like they said "don't know how to eat". Yeah, totally old fashioned, I know. They didn't even tried and they say don't know how to eat. Funny because they don't eat potatoes or pork meat.
The most hated people to advertise. (Not even customers) Those typical chinese educated people especially fuckers "LaLas" HA! I get so kek dong every time talking about them. They're youngsters, yes. And you can tell which one of them are Lalas just by looking how they dress up. They'll be dressing up acting rich and classy but the problem is those clothing are obviously cheap stuffs with complicated, gross designs. The most common colour are black, white and purple. Fucking disgusting! They buy a shirt that looks like very expensive but me and Wilson both knows that is just a cheap stuff. Moreover, you can puke by watching how they dress up, so yucks! Secondly, their hair will be dyed with cheap brown colour which obviously they went to some cheap hair stylist shop to dye their hair. It's either brown or very disgusting hair cut with bright colours which makes them look like rooster. Their hair mostly will be covering eyes by the way. For girls, wow even impressive. Thick make up with cheap top. This cheap as in they look cheap, not the clothing cheap. They have tons of make up, red lipstick, thick eyeliners and fake eye lashes. My gawd, it's just a fucking pasar malam, don't your face feel heavy? Their tops are cheap like, it's either the designs are very cheap or it's overly exposed and expose in a very annoying, disgusting and cheap way. Like a slut you can say. We wear tank tops, singlet and many more but theirs is very cheap like I don't know how to say. It makes them look like a slut you can fuck them anytime. For their bottoms will be like normal short jeans. Mostly will be high waist short jeans. I'm not saying high waist jeans are not nice, I have nothing to do against it but then you need to see the cutting and pattern too right? Yeah, they wear it cheaply and obviously wrong high waist jeans man so ugly. Or maybe it's them who makes the jeans ugly. What a shame. Shoes? HAHA. Their shoes is even cheap. No converse, no nice nice sneakers, it's like fake Adidas? Very sharp coloured shoes. Some are sport shoes, some are slippers. Yeah, they're just disgusting people whatever.
That's not the main point yet. OHOH! When you advertise your products to them, they'll constantly looking the ground or other stalls when they walk in the pasar malam. When you advertise, they either just look at you, no responds made then look at your stall, walk away and tell each other this " haha dou bu zhi dao shen me lai de ( Don't even know what's that)" Oh My Fucking God. Hello? WE just advertised that this is mash potato with bacons and meatballs. It's either you're way too stupid, or you're deaf. By the way, english educated people will smile and say " No thank you, maybe next time" this kinda stuffs okay that's polite. You all just no respond walk away and laugh because you don't know what's that. English educated people will come over and ask " What's this?" You all only turn your backs and laugh and say you don't know what's that but HELLO? I can read lips sync okay? I'm fucking sensitive, Or, they'll be saying no they don't want but keep looking at the stall. Or, they come and look at your stall in a rude way and walk away. Typical chinese educated people, they don't wanna try new stuffs, they don't dare to try new stuffs, they wanna stay in their comfort zone, they don't know and they don't care, they're losers. Seriously? People who doesn't take risks can't improve. By the way, this is what I always tell Wilson too:" What's the point of coming here if you don't even wanna try new stuffs? That's why they never improve, suckers"
Look, I'm totally okay if you don't want to buy because basically, I don't really care, but fuckers really? Reject or acting in a rude way? Somemore dress up so cheap? I have allergies to this kind of people. Oh by the way, forgot to mention, our menu is in English. I bet they say they don't know what it is because it's in English and me and Wilson likes to advertise in English because our chinese is not good. We do advertise in Chinese but with rojak because nobody calls bacon in chinese? And nobody calls mash potato, cheese sauce, black pepper sauce or gravy in chinese! Like seriously WHAT THE FUCK MAN until I work here only I know there are people who don't know what is mash potato. (FACE PALM FACE PALM FACE PALM) How do you order mashed potatoes in KFC by the way or you're so old fashioned that you don't eat KFC? SHIT. We somemore need to speak like an idiot ( ni yao shi shi kan wo men zi ji zuo de MA LING SHU NI ma? jia wo men zi ji zuo de ZHU ROU WAN he PEI GEN) (Do you want to try our mashed potatoes with our homemade meatballs or bacon?) I know right, sucks.
The other day, Wilson was advertising in chinese to an english educated aunty and she scolded him suddenly saying that this is western food we should speak in English. Wilson explained that some people doesn't know English and she said " What country are we in now? " Yes, its's a new generations and everybody is improving except chinese educated people. Give you a like aunty, although you scolded Wilson. But she's more on to criticizing people who don't understand English by the way.
As for races, well, I'll much more prefer Indians 'cause they're friendly. Our food is none halal so yeap no Malays.
Review of mashed potato stall
Shout out to all the risk takers out there! Wooohoo! You rocks man! Others just suck dicks man! I'm not saying all chinese educated people are as bad as that, but if you feel offended, the shoes fit like a cinderella. No offence to everyone who feel offended or doesn't know English by the way. You can improve, depending on your behaviour. If you're just gonna sit here and complain about me go ahead I don't give a fuck. It has nothing to do with the Mash Project, it's MY personal opinions. Screw you.
After that, during my sem break, because pasar malam isn't earning a lot and since I'm free I find myself a part time job in Queensbay mall Juice Works. I was walking with Wilson Ong like shopping in the mall while finding a part time job with flexible time together and we found Juice Works!
There's rules and regulations there so yeah, I don't really like to be controlled but then still okay. We get to learn a lot of experience and especially recipes to make juices. We learnt a lot of fun ways to cut the fruits. The hardest part will be promoting and giving free test for the pass by. Yeah, I still hate to serve or maybe you can say "ask" Lala to try our samples. They won't give any respond to you but then keep looking at the tray you're holding and look at the juice inside. Once I met girls who laughed when they saw me like what the fuck? Ugh. Best customers for samplings will always be old peoples because it's free so why not?
Working is definitely tiring but then it's a whole different kind of life experience and adventure. If you never had a part time job before you'll never learn how to organise your time and learn about human services and humans minds. Most importantly, you don't know how hard is it to earn money and you definitely don't know how hard is it to serve and do be a worker.
There's rules and regulations there so yeah, I don't really like to be controlled but then still okay. We get to learn a lot of experience and especially recipes to make juices. We learnt a lot of fun ways to cut the fruits. The hardest part will be promoting and giving free test for the pass by. Yeah, I still hate to serve or maybe you can say "ask" Lala to try our samples. They won't give any respond to you but then keep looking at the tray you're holding and look at the juice inside. Once I met girls who laughed when they saw me like what the fuck? Ugh. Best customers for samplings will always be old peoples because it's free so why not?
Working is definitely tiring but then it's a whole different kind of life experience and adventure. If you never had a part time job before you'll never learn how to organise your time and learn about human services and humans minds. Most importantly, you don't know how hard is it to earn money and you definitely don't know how hard is it to serve and do be a worker.
Nearly died while reading your post lol. So you say you have good English? rofl like literally
ReplyDeleteDidnt say I have good english and which part of it mentioned I have good english anyway? If it offends you means you're one of the asshole and yeah hi coward who dont even dare to show your name and BYE. If you dislike my blog you can unfollow me
DeleteHey Lala, no offence did that hurts you?oh come on, this is a blog, not a dick, don't take it so hard bitch
ReplyDeleteHI LALA DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU'RE WEARING IN THE PHOTO? Oh wait I don't even need to. You can just refer to the paragraph that you define 'lala'. HAHAHA.
ReplyDeleteyou're no better than me bitch
Delete